Tuesday 17 April 2012

31 March  2012           Rapid bay Second valley both great dive and fishing spots but overcast and windy when we were there .  Noarlunga beach and reef hoping to snorkel here but weather hasn t improved so we head into Adelaide city .It still has many beautiful stone buildings and easy to drive around because of its layout
1 April   2012                 Up into the hills to Williamstown and it’s a roadside camp tonight Josie s a little worried .Where up early only to find out that the cellar doors don’t open until 11 am so we work on computers .Into the Barossa valley at Tanunda and first stop and im having a fat time tasting wines .When Josie notices a giant prickly pear plant in the garden bearing fruit .Josie and two female staff conversing about the wonders of prickly pear fruit boring and I have to but in to get some more wine samples .Josie says she would like some prickly pears and the lady says help your self . Josie hasn t got any gloves I say between sips no worries ill just push her in there .They don’t laugh were is their sense of humuor sour pusses.They just looked at me and then Josie and then one of them offered to pick a dozen for Josie must be a work place health and safety thing .Josie is driving now and we stop to do some port tasting keep em coming trick here is to make it seem like you cant make up your mind and you get more free tasting  feeling good now everything is wonderful in the world hungry now had to have a pizza  .Drove to Edithburg caravan park and princess powder puff is tired from all that driving now she wont cook my dinner  what a pussie .I have no chips to go with my beer would be nice if she told me she was going to strike when we were at the shops .Now I have to make her a coffee and its toast and milo for my dinner at least there s no washing up .Josie on computer now ,suddenly she has come to life .About 11 pm Josie goes for a shower and I have got door code wrong She cant get in thats karma  . I say next time cook my dinner and make me a pie and I will be able to  remember  .After some discussion Josie finally showers in mens amenities .I think today was some kind of april fools day .
2    April   2012      Prickly pear fruit for brekky yum and then swim and snorkel at Kemp bay saw seal rubbing his face with his flippers  .Another swim and snorkel at Foul bay saw a port Jackson shark about 70 cm long . Had lunch here it was so windy here that the car doors would slam shut .Council actually used their brains (world first) and made heavy concrete picnic tables so they don’t blow away and gives you something to hold onto while your lunch flies out too sea  brilliant .Saw some dolphins jumping or maybe the wind caught them . Marion bay great spot and site of old gypsum mine .
3 April  2012    Innes national park where right at the bottom of the Yorke Peninsula and we walk to Stenhouse bay jetty and the gypsum loading ruins . Lookout at Cape Spencer light house then the town of Inneston for more ruins and another gypsum mine .The wreck of  the Ethel not much to see here just some steel sticking out of sand  and big seas with air exploding out the back of the breaking waves . West Cape lighthouse and its exterior is stainless steel , pandalowie bay to check out the surf and its rough today .
4     April    2012    Point Deburg and we camp on beach track as there is no room between cliffs and beach .Swim in natural rock pool as it shelters us from big surf . Waves sounded close at night got up to find tide had come up beach close to tent . Corny point lighthouse for a quick stop.  Minlaton for some shopping and to replace the kettle that the possum broke Josie doesn t believe me .Moonta for some Cornish pasties and chocolate that’s lunch and dinner .Moonta mine museum and we both come out drowsy Josie remind me never to go to another museum .
5 April   2012    Port Broughton walked jetty lots of cuttle fish being caught and squid south Australians seem to like fishing for these .Josie s birthday and I make brekky morning tea and dinner and I have to be nice to her all day this is killing me . Camped at Warrabara sports field and we are too late to get shower key .We check amenities and Josie washes at cold tap .On our way back I spot light on at back of another building and work out that I can open womens shower by climbing through window .In I go and while my arms are in window Josie takes this opportunity and gropes my bum twice .I liked it she was gentle I had a hot shower Josie didn t bother ,
6 April  2012     Nearly packed up and a bloke drives over to me and strikes up a conversation wants to sell me his camper trailer No thanks .Continues talking for about an hour got his life story now and I m thinking bit of a Yobbo and then he answers all questions he tells me he used to live at regents park  I reskon I could have guessed that in one go .Escaped from there and into Telowie gorge walked up about a kilometer and Josie decides to climb a steep hill she s slipping and sliding  I can already picture her life less body tumbling down and ill get the blame for it .After a while the pathetic calls start can you come and help me another lesson learnt here princess if you climb up you have to think about how your going to get down . That was all the help I was offering Josie said im cruel that made me feel really good .  Mt Remarkable Josie has gone all weak on me as we walk around Alligator gorge she looks like she s about to fall asleep .Great gorge walk with  red cliffs on both sides .
.

8 comments:

  1. come on people post a comment take the piss out of us its only fair .Have consumed quantity of alcohol the above comment may not be the opinion of all people on this blog no responsability taken for comments on this blog .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! Gettin cold here too darren!, as for the possum thing i tried that one too, i fell off the ladder feeding my possum and i swore she friggin thing pushed me!!Sticking to me story as is you!! where are all the pictures?? Still cant load em when ya do the writing? even a poor computer sap like me can sort that out.... Sounds like ya`s are still having fun, and ya better get used to the wind from now till W.A, as it is really windy over there, trees grow along the ground instead of up.Good to see Josie is still tolerating ya also.I suppose a wedding is in the air next year hey! Finally someone to give it back to ya. You know i am looking at buses to buy , as i too am going finish what i started years ago. I want a shower and toilet though in the bus. Yes smartarse! im getting soft,old and girlie... alot like you....Love ya heaps have fun and a beer for me.P.S wanna buy a secondhand paddle for ya tent in case tide comes in too close. goin cheap..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys
    Some of us have to work you know, so we don't have time to be posting comments just to keep you happy.
    The fact that I am still remotely interested in your bloody holiday, and bloody fun and jokes and wine tasting and - shall I keep going?

    So shut the f**ck up, be grateful that I still check your post every week or so, answer the phone when you call, and pretend that I am not insanely jealous.

    When are you actually going to get there? And then do you turn around and take another 6 months coming home???
    Are we going to see you guys again this year at all???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetheart you sound a little upset, we need people like you too pay taxes so the government doesnt make holidays like our s illegal.As i warned every one i am slow traveller only rush for work .Will try to make it back this year but it takes up a lot of my time sleeping in till 7 swimming snorkeling walking fishing and watching sunsets .Hope that cheers you up my little cupcake missn yu XOXO

      Delete
  4. I think that we should run a competition with all the guys from dancing to see who can guess when Josie and Darren will return???? What say you??? Apart from the fact that I am missing you guys, I am also so very very envious, am loving the banter and the photos are great. Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of myself, finally figured out how to do this. Yippeee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeh Lilly, go girl, glad to have u on board, hope ur comments will keep us laughing back. I suggest u start the comp now of guessing when we will be back as i am guessing myself, since darren neglected to tell me that he is a slow traveller.
    Lots of Love
    Miss u all, lots of love
    Josie

    ReplyDelete