Sunday 11 March 2012

Hey everyone, us 2 nuff nuff's r having a real hard time working this bloody blog system out & darren's polite language is not so polite anymore, everytime we try to logon & work on this blog, we spend heaps of time just trying to figure out how we can make it easier for us to upload our mess & pictures with captions. Anyway we will do our best to get better & try to get with the program & become more computer savvy. We r zigzaging all over NSW trying to dodge the flooded areas. For my part, i have since discovered that i am now travelling with a mountian goat, explorer, endurance hiker, definately not a normal guy, who decides that the walking pathes that r mapped out for u, r just there for the wooses hikers as he calls them & he prefers to go cross country. He also fails to recongnise that he has a much less fit female, with shorter legs, vertically challenged, unable to hang from steep rocks, short legs, that cannot jump over huge bolders with deep crevercis or raging torants of water below me, have to take 4 steps to his big strides & always informs me, thru the heat of the hot sunny day that it is not much further & we can make it, then it takes us another 4 or so hrs. Hence why i come back into camp absolutely unconscious, body totally non functional, dehydrated of fluids, scratches, prickles scratched & stuck all over me, plus please remind me that this is fun. If i dont come back looking like Elle as he keeps on saying, i think i will hang him for the torture that he is putting me thru. But on a more serious note, we r or at least i am having a ball. Darren is really an angel, so much fun to travel with, has shown me so many gorgeous places, is very tolerant of my antics & mishapps, is a wealth of information, fantastic to hike with, cracks me up laughing till it hurts, hasnt thrown me off a cliff yet. Oh & girls, yes he makes me breakfast most mornings, always turns the kettle on, (we could be mistaken for mar & par kettle, LOL).

No comments:

Post a Comment