Saturday 31 March 2012

Now in defense of myself & for the girls side of this camping trip, once again, here is my version. Well to put it bluntly i have had to endure, 2 wks without a hos shower, 1/4 of a bucket of cold water or occasionally some heated water from the kettle, standing stark naked, behind the car, in the dark, wind blowing a gale, freezin to death, shivering so much that my teeth r chattering instead of me, not been able to wash my hair & just sucking it up princess powder puff as precious Darren would say, i think i have survived quite well. I think overall in this month that we have been away, we have only had about 10days worth of hot real showers. Darrens tolerance of me not being able to keep up hiking pace, rock climbing, crossing raging water ways, crawling into dark caves, cross country thru grasses & shrubs taller than me, prickles of all sorts stuck all over me, leeches crawling in my socks, shoes, trousers, mice & possums, getting into our food, scropians & redback spiders at our camps, gale force winds, sand, rain, freezing cold nights, but i still have managed to survive & stick it out. Mr Precious has still got the nerve to ak at the end of the days, what am i cooking for dinner. He sooks about the packing of the gear & that he cannot find anything, but is happy that everything is easily accesable. The cold mornings do not register for precious & he is incapable of functioning, I have been the one to brave the cold water & go swimming first, before precious sticks his toe in, then he cant last the distance or have the staying power in the water. I have managed to take in all that he has dished out to me, so girls & guys, i have tuffened up & taken it all in my stride. I am sure this little black duck, has got what it takes to out last precious Darren & this road trip. I think that he would totally miss me & my fantastic company/chats & oh yes, lets not forget, cook, doing the laundry, keeping things organised & keeping him motivated to use all his tech devices & help him use them. At the end of the day he is such a man, with all his little habits that u cannot change & have to just tolerate ( i know who really is the patient one).
On the flip side, we r having the time of our lives, so much fun, heaps of laughing moments, g8 conversations, educating precious on the female versions of life (boy is that a challenge in itself), meeting fantastic characters & travelers & appreciating the simple things in life. What a blast & what Darren doesnt want u lot to know is that he really is just a big kid at heart, a fantastic traveling companion, such a softy & is more than happy to help, so long as u feed him. LOL Anyway, enjoy the antics & the some of the photos.
Keep smiling everyone, Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment